Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas, and Disney, and Bad Chinese...Oh My!

Hi all! First of all, I want to apologize for not posting in so long. Life got totally crazy, but now everything is settling back down to normal.

First we had the holidays. In our house we celebrate Christmas and Chanukah so it was a bit hectic for a couple of weeks. We didn't go crazy with gifts this year, the trip to Disney was the big holiday gift. The kids did get a few things, mostly Disney themed to go with the trip. My hubby would say that I bought too much. Both kids got $100 in Disney Dollars, $50 from us and $50 from my brother-in-law. It was nice that they had their own money for the trip.

Christmas was hard for me this year. It was strange not having any family around. It just didn't feel like Christmas. I was pretty depressed all day. I had bought a nice chicken to roast for a family dinner, but when I opened it up it had gone bad! I was really upset because according to the date it should have been fine. My hubby started to look up places to eat on the internet, but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on meal right before our trip. We ended up going to the diner and we had a great meal! I was really surprised. My six year old ordered pancakes and they came out shaped like Mickey Mouse. He was so excited. "How did they know we were going to Disney?" Too cute.

The day ended up being nice, but I don't want to do another lonely Christmas. Next year we are going back to New Jersey to celebrate with all of our family and friends.

We left for disney on New Year's Eve. What a great trip! We did so much and had so much fun. I love it there. We are already planning to go back in two years.




I could post a ton of pics, there are so many that came out good. We got in on NYE but we didn't go out. We spent a quiet night at the condo, or as quiet as a small condo with 7 people can be, and went to bed early so that we could be up and out early the next morning. On 1/1 we were at the Magic Kingdom when it opened. If you are going to do Disney and want to enjoy the rides with no lines, you have to get there when the parks open. We rode many rides multiple times that we would have had to wait on lines for later in the day. Our favorites in the Magic Kingdom were Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear. We had a great day. We did Epcot that night, but it rained.

On 1/2 we hit the Animal Kingdom and the new coaster, Everest! It was great. My 12 year old ended up riding it 8 times! We were having a good day here when it started to pour. We headed out, but we were all soaked. On 1/3 we did Epcot and it was great. We all loved the new ride, Soarin. So much fun. My 6 year old rode it 4 times! The new show, Turtle Talk with Crush, was great and my son got picked to ask Crush a question. And, we won Dream Fast Passes as part of the year of a million dreams! It was so cool to win something, the boys were really excited.After Epcot we went to MGM to see the night show, Fantasmic. It started to rain and about 1/2 way through they cancelled the show. It was a bummer. My 6 year old was crying and saying it was the worst day of his life. He is such a drama queen. Oh well, we will try again next time.


On 1/4 we were going to have a break but because of the rain we decided to keep going. We spent the morning at MGM and had a great time. The boys loved the Star Wars ride. My parents and 12 year old won Dream Fast Passes AGAIN when they were on the Tower of Terror. I loved the Beauty and the Beast show. After MGM we headed over to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations, the night show. It was cool. A good day all around.

On 1/5 we went back to the Animal Kingdom. The weather was fine, but the baby was sick. He threw up twice, once on my poor hubby, so we didn't do as much as I wanted to. But, the boys got to ride Everest, and this time even my 6 year old went on! We did a few other rides and the Safari. It was a good day.

On 1/6 we had our last day. We spent it in the Magic Kingdom, my favorite park. We did a bunch of rides, took a break, then came back for the Spectromagic Parade and fireworks. It was a great way to end the trip.

When we got home on Sunday afternoon, there was nothing to make for dinner, so we decided to order out. We got Chinese and by two in the morning we were getting sick. The boys ended up missing two days of school. We were all miserable. Thank God the baby didn't eat the food! I think it will be a long time before we get Chinese again.

Today, everyone is back in school, the baby is napping, and I am sad. I miss them, and I miss being at Disney. Reality sucks.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    It was a great trip, so good that the older boys and I are going back for Mother's Day weekend! We will be home the first full week of April for passover and to see everyone, we should try to get together!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger A.S.S. said…

    Ok I have a bone to pick with you. It really should be NoOnes bone (and he did not say anything or know what I'm about to say) but you are a bit of a hypocrite. When Noone started his blog there was HEAVY drama about not talking about the kids or g-d forbid putting there pictures up on the internet. "there are crazy pedofiles out there" I believe were the words you used. Here you are talking about the kids all the time and there cute little faces are a plenty. Oh BTW where are my Disney pics? I want Disney pics damnit! You get them up here before I have them in my in box. Jeez. I don't think it is a big deal but I just think it's funny that you are doing the exact thing you made such a big deal about.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    ass,
    You are right. I have no argument to make. I was less internet savvy then, and I was honestly afraid. I feel better now that I know a bit more. Also, he and I had more issues over other content in his blogs, not about that one thing.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Mr. A said…

    Censorship is a bad thing....

    A rock star told me that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home