Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It is a Sick, Sick World


Could someone please explain what the hell kind of person could MICROWAVE THEIR BABY!!!!! I was lucky enough to miss this story when it first appeared. I wouldn't have even known about it if my hubby hadn't brought it to my attention. I can not understand mothers who hurt their children. Another sicko decided to DROWN HER CHILDREN because they were coming between her and her boyfriend. What the hell is wrong with these people?

I have three beautiful boys. I love them more than life itself. There are times when they drive me completely insane. There are times when I want to get in the car and just keep on driving. But never, no matter how bad they are, have I ever wanted to harm them in any way. Even on the few occasions where I have had to issue a spanking, I am the one who felt the worst when it was over.

When I was pregnant with my oldest boy (I can't believe he is 12 already!) I was not really ready to become a mother. I took good care of myself and I went to the doctor regularly, but I didn't feel any major connection to the little lump in my belly. The minute I had him my whole world changed. I never understood the words 'love at first sight' until I saw that baby. In that moment my entire world changed. The focus was no longer on me and my needs. Everything was about that baby.

Things have not changed with my other two boys. They are my world. They are my life. I would step in front of bus if it would spare them a moment of pain. So, could someone explain how a parent could harm her own children? Especially a helpless little baby. What kind of monster could microwave her baby? This isn't some overwraught mother with a colicky baby who lost it for a minute and shook the baby (horrible, but somewhat understandable to any parent who has ever had a baby that wouldn't stop crying). This is premeditated, thought out, evil. There is no punishment severe enough for this woman. To just lock her up is not good enough. The death penalty is too easy unless they microwave her. Maybe she should be locked in a tiny box and forced to listen to the sounds of a baby crying for the rest of her life and each day someone who would love a baby but can't have one gets to punch her in the face. Maybe that is a strong enough punishment, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home