Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Week One


I promise that this is not going to become a blog about my diet, but I do need to talk a bit about my first week. I lost 6 1/2 pounds in one week! Not only did I lose the weight, but I feel great too. I am not hungry, I am not cranky, and I do not feel like I am missing anything. I really thought that I was going to go crazy without bread and pasta, but it isn't that hard. I have even made pasta and biscuits for my kids without eating any at all. We finally got the rest of the Halloween candy out of the house, so that is one less temptation. But even when it was here, I only cheated once or twice. How cool is a diet where you can even cheat a little bit and still lose over 5 pounds in one week?

I haven't even cleaned out my house of any and all 'bad' foods because I have kids who like to have snacks. The cool thing is that I didn't need to clear the cabinets. I get to eat enough meals and snacks that I am not craving the kid's junk. I even get to have desserts. There are these recipes for ricotta cheese desserts that are very tasty. Also, I can have sugar-free ice pops, jello, and pudding. When I am dying for something crunchy, I reach for a handful of nuts. It is amazing how much more filling the nuts are than a whole bowl of chips or pretzels. I am eating lovely omelets for breakfast each morning, salad or leftovers for lunch, and meat or fish and veggies for dinner. When you throw in a few snacks each day and dessert, there is just no way to be hungry on this plan.

Rosie, you really are an inspiration. You took charge of your body and your health and made it work. You didn't go for quick fix surgery or pills, you did it the old fashioned way and I think it is great. I will definitely hit you up for recipes. If anyone else out there has great low-fat, good carb recipes, just send them along! BTW, I made a South Beach Eggplant Rollitini the other night that was great!

This will be my last diet blog for awhile. I promise to move on to more interesting topics, like how am I going to survive Thanksgiving with my parents, my in-laws, my husband's 'special' cousin, and my own 3 kids without killing someone. It may be a South Beach no-no, but I think I will need a bit of help from the vino next week!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    I created the Eggplant myself. I will email it to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home