Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! Even as I sit here, I can feel the sugar coursing through my system. I am sure that I will be up 1/2 the night. It was a good day. The baby and I ran errands in his 'daytime costume.' A Winnie the Pooh costume that is 12 years old! My oldest son wore it for his first Halloween. Everywhere we went people ooohed and ahhed appropriately over his complete cuteness. After his afternoon nap I changed him into his 'evening costume', a pumpkin costume that is 6 years old. My middle son wore it for his first Halloween. Then I dressed my 6 year old in his costume, a fire ninja (I didn't even know there was such a thing).
I loaded the baby in the stroller and the three of us made our way down the street for the neighborhood Halloween Parade. This is a very liberal use of the word parade. A few strollers, a wagon, a scooter, and a few kids on foot made up our 'parade.' I don't think Macy's needs to worry about us! We ended the parade in the pool parking lot where there were some cute activities. The kids had a great time and the adults got to stand around and gossip.
Then it was time for the best part of the day, Trick-or-Treating! I took the baby to two or three houses, then dropped him back at my place with the hubby. He loves to be the official candy-passer-outer. Any kid who comes to trick-or-treat without a costume has to answer math questions for candy. It is pretty funny and he has a reputation in the neighborhood. After I dropped off my little pumpkin, I went around with my 6 year old. We have the best neighborhood for trick-or-treating. There are about 70 houses, so it is not too big. Also, there is a bit of a tradition around here, we have candy for the kids and beer for the parents. Whenever your cup is empty you can get a refill at one of the houses! It is a total trip and it makes hoofing it around the hood way more fun. Also, a bunch of people set up haunted houses and tables of snacks and drinks. It is a great night for all kids and adults. Only down here in the crazy south would they have booze at the houses on Halloween! My next post will be from rehab!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Kid is sooooooo cute in the pictures you sent me!

    BroInLaw

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    Rosie:
    If you can fit into the pumpkin costume, you have been dieting way too much! But we would love to have you visit anytime!
    Bro:
    I know, he just kills me! He is saying dada all the time now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home