Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Movie Night Anyone?

So, I have been thinking about movie lines. You know, the ones that stick in your head forever. The ones that you just have to pop into every conversation you can. The ones that are part of your vernacular.
You have to understand that the hubby and I are movie buffs, big movie buffs. In fact, we even owned a video store at one point. We don't get to go to the movies as often as we would like, three kids makes that a bit difficult, but we rent movies a lot and we have every movie channel that is out there to have. So, we are into the whole movie thing. And we quote movies, all the time. Seriously, I think that we quote either a movie or a TV show every day in our house. My kids even quote movies that they have never seen, they have just heard us use the lines over and over again.
Which leads me to the point of this post, What are the best movie lines of all time?
Here are a few of my favorites:


1. "Leave the gun, take the cannolis." You just can't have a favorite movie quote list without The Godfather, it has to be one of the most quoted movies of all time.

2. "You must chill, I have hidden your keys." Say Anything, I just love that young, cute John Cusack

3. "Goose, you big stud, take me to bed or loose me forever!" Top Gun, Meg Ryan was so cute in this movie. There are sooooo many good lines from this movie! Another fav, "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

4. "Should we or should we not follow the advice of the galactically stupid." A Few Good Men, again there are so many lines from this movie. Also love, "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall."

5. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Dirty Dancing, complete guilty pleasure movie, but Patrick Swayze is so hot in it.

I would love to hear about other movie lines that I forgot. Let me know your favs.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's a good quote from a TV show...
    "You're colorful. Colorful in a way that might respond to medication."
    -Lynette Scavo, Desperate Housewives.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    Love Desperate Housewives. I may have to do a separate blog for TV quotes, there are just so many. I could think of a dozen or so just from the West Wing. Thanks for the great quote.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Desperate Housewives!!!! That show was good for the first year but has completely gone to crap! You can't quote a show that's been on less than 3 years. It's just not allowed!

    "Screws fall out all the time. The world's an inperfect place" Breakfast Club

    BroInLaw

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To quote a fellow Columbia High School alumnus:

    "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home