Is Everybody Crazy, or Is it Just Me?

A wife and mother who finds that life is just strange so often!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Was Running!


So, it was exactly 2 years ago today that I started this blog. And, not too long after that when I abandoned this blog. It isn't that I don't have anything to say, I just got busy. And, the longer I went without posting, the easier it seemed to just let the blog die. I had no intention of resurrecting my long dead blog until recently.


Several months ago I did something that is just insane. I registered for a marathon. Yes, a marathon. As in, 26.2 miles. At once. Without stopping. I printed out the paperwork, set it aside, and promptly put the whole thing out of my mind. After all, it was March and the marathon wasn't until January. I had time. No worries.


Then I stopped going to the gym regularly. I had three kids, I had just started working outside the house, I started my own business, I had no time.


Before I knew it, it was the end of May. School was out and we were off to Disney World! Woo Hoo! After that trip, we went up to New Jersey so I could see Bon Jovi in Central Park. Damn right I had to be there! Now it was July. I really couldn't put off thinking about this marathon thing for much longer. But it was summer, and the kids were home, and I was busy. So, I put it off a bit longer.


Then, August rolled around and the kids were going back to school. I had to get up and drive my oldest in each morning and his school is only a couple of miles from the gym and the gym has childcare for the baby. It would seem that it was time for me to move my ass. So, on August 11th the kids went back to school and I started to train for the marathon.


It has been two months since I started this insanity and there have been plenty of ups and downs. There have also been some crazy stories. So far, I have run over 100 miles and I haven't actually gotten anywhere. What bullshit!


So, I decided that I should start writing about this nonsense. I was going to start a new blog, but when I started to think of a name for the blog, this one just seemed perfect. What could be crazier than running over 26 miles? How about running over 200 miles to train for the 26? I am officially insane! I will use this space to discuss my insanity as well as rant on other issues as they come up.


Up next, shopping!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger A.S.S. said…

    Hey I did a mile and a half in the pool today so you're no crazier than I am.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim. Words of Wisdom from Finding Nemo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home